The Coach House

And its rebirth as the new bat roost

The coach house under scaffolding while undergoing its full restoration.

The coach house under scaffolding while undergoing its full restoration.

The Coach house, or a building of similar proportions, was on this site by 1756 when it was recorded on the earliest surviving estate map. It is Grade II listed but until this year appears to have had little repair work since it was built. The entire roof structure was being held up by the insertion of two 1950’s red brick partition walls beneath the two original eighteenth-century cross beams.

Continue reading