Development seen through historic images from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Halswell Baroque North Wing, dated 1689. Painting c.1710
Formal Gardens, c.1710, by the same hand. The high redbrick walls, gate pillars with armorial beasts, fountain and formal layout were all demolished during the 1740’s as was the rectangular Banqueting House of c. 1690 in the centre ground which was gone by the mid-eighteenth century to make way for the circular Rotunda of 1755.